Morello has a solo album coming out too. I'm really interested in this...
Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave) will release his first solo album, "One Man Revolution" as "The Nightwatchman". Expect a release thru Epic on April 24th.
Morello has a solo album coming out too. I'm really interested in this...
Tom Morello (Rage Against The Machine, Audioslave) will release his first solo album, "One Man Revolution" as "The Nightwatchman". Expect a release thru Epic on April 24th.
"There he goes, one of Gods own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die"
getting page not found...
i'd definitely love to see RATM perform again
"i asked a toothless man, who all these people were and, he said the soapmakers...and we are workin workin"
I've waited for a long time for his solo album to drop, god that man can play.....
I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.
Sorry about the link...couldn't find another one. I seen this posted on another board and I can say it is valid. I'll try to find another link.
Here ya go mang... I found the article. I also read somewhere else that the Police are re-uniting for this show.
Rage Against the Machine, the seminal L.A. band that made heavy music into political manifesto, will reunite after a seven-year lull for one show as the headliners at the 2007 Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival.
Sources say Rage, which played the main stage at the first Coachella in 1999, will be joined by other familiar faces for the eighth edition of the festival, which covers three days this year and begins April 27: Red Hot Chili Peppers, which headlined in 2003, are back, as is Björk, who topped the bill in 2002.
Organizers were mum this weekend and it was not clear which day Rage or the other acts were slotted to play; that announcement is expected in the next few days. Other acts expected in the eclectic lineup: Arcade Fire, Interpol, Willie Nelson, the Roots, Manu Chao, the Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Sonic Youth, Crowded House, Air, Tiësto and Kings of Leon.
Tickets go on sale Saturday, via Ticketmaster. Three-day passes will cost about $250 and there will be a limited number of single-day passes available.
The headliners are not novel, but they are potent. The Peppers are up for their first best album Grammy right now, and Björk remains a mesmerizing figure to fans of avant pop. But in Southern California rock circles, there is very little that could compete with the excitement of a Rage Against the Machine reunion. The quartet's hybrid of funk, rap, metal and leftist ideology was as subtle as a Molotov cocktail; in the 1990s, its aggro-anthems made it the only band that mattered to a fan base that included East L.A. protest kids as well as those in Hollywood punk circles, college dorms and mainstream rock festival mosh pits, where politics were secondary to the group's feral energy.
The band is vocalist Zack de la Rocha, guitarist Tom Morello, bassist Tim Commerford and drummer Brad Wilk. Their split came amid rumors of bad blood between De la Rocha and his mates, who went on to work with Chris Cornell in Audioslave. However, Morello and De la Rocha appeared together at a 2005 rally for the urban farmers of a South Los Angeles community garden.
Heres some of the lineup:
Rage
Red Hot Chili Peppers
Bjork
Interpol
Peter Bjorn & John
The New Pornographers
Arcade Fire
Decemberists
Jesus and Mary CHain
Arctic Monkeys
Peaches
We Are Scientists
Kings of Leon
LCD Soundsystem
Regina Spektor
Air
Damien Rice
Placebo
Explosions In the Sky
Kaiser Chiefs
Grizzly Bear
Tapes n Tapes
and
Lupe Fiasco
Not to mention countless other bands.
This may be the most shocking news I have ever seen, I never thought rage would play together again.
Know your enemy
i would pay 10,000 to see rage and interpol at the same venue.
is zac for sure gonna sing with them??
[IMG]http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/Vic_Fontaine/sig.jpg[/IMG]
Bookmarks